Monday 5 March 2012

Rachel Allen or Donal Skehan... Decisions, Decisions!!!

So had a few very busy days with lots of very quick boring food that wouldn't been very interesting to show ye!  


Plans for tomorrow... Bake a yummy dessert ! Now which to choose! I'm torn between a Cherry Chocolate Cake from Rachel Allen's 'Bake' or Donal Skehan's Strawberry and Rhubarb Oaty Crumble from his book 'Kitchen Hero'.


I am getting serious food photography envy from all the books I have. However it's not just the photography, it's the beautiful, quirky and vintage dishes, cutlery and whatnot they have to display there heavenly creations in.


I have very little of these so i decided to start a collection, little by little.


This search took me to two of my favorite sites for things like this. Ebay and Etsy!


My purchase of the week was a gorgeous:


Vintage Look Blue China Cake Plate by Bombay Duck.



and also because i have a small problem when it comes to drinking tea and coffee i bought a

KEEP CALM AND DRINK TEA MUG! I LOVE IT!



Which is also available in KEEP CALM AND DRINK COFFEE!


Both can be purchased on Ebay!

My wish list also includes:


Love these mugs from etsy!


Great vintage 70's Soup bowl with saucer from ebay


and who wouldn't love these measuring cups.


So the decision now is should I bake the cherry chocolate cake or strawberry and rhubarb crumble!?!

Love Ems.x







No comments:

Post a Comment